From: LARRY KLAES (ljk4_at_msn.com)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 19:40:53 PDT
* The KEO Project: Saving the Now for Later
In an invitation echoing the sentiments of the French Revolution, a Paris-based group is offering people around the world a chance to include their hopes and dreams in a time capsule to be launched into space.
* Concerned Citizens Ask for Congressional Action on Near Earth Objects
A distinguished group of Americans joined together to send a unique request to Congressional leaders Wednesday -- a request that preparations be made to deal with the prospect of Earth being slammed by an asteroid or comet.
* Puzzling Seasons and Signs of Wind Found on Pluto
Seasonal change on Pluto is causing the planet to warm up even as it moves away from the Sun, according to two studies that also detected the first firm signs of weather on the tiny planet.
* Astronotes: Mars Dust Storm Abating, Viewers Elated
A dust storm that billowed up on Mars earlier this month appears to be winding down. Backyard astronomers who feared the storm might ruin the best summer of Mars-watching in human history are elated.
* Mars Needs Millionaires, British Astronomer Says
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Sat Jul 12 2003 - 20:06:12 PDT