Re: SETI public: wavelengths

From: David Ocame (n1yvv_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 08:40:53 PDT

    > Could someone enlighten me? Are RA wavelengths other than those listed
    > above blocked by atmospheric or physical or parochial/social factors?

    The choice of frequency is, in fact, governed, in part, by an ionospheric
    window that extends from about 10 meters to about 10 cm wavelength.
    Atmospheric conditions may extend the lower wavelength to as much as 30 m or
    more. I think Grote Reber, before his passing, worked at 160 meters.

    Hope this helps (hope I'm right).

    Dave N1YVV