Re: SETI seti@home getting impatient

ocook@humana.com
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:28:11 -0400

Doesn't surprise me. I wonder what the age level is for the "impatient"
ones?

I think that most likely this is a product of the "instant gratification"
philosophy our
kids have been taught by parents, along with the "scientific method" which
has
NOT been taught by our educators.

Instant gratification will not come from use of the old, long, drawn-out,
plodding
scientific method. It comes from sitting down at the Super Whiz-bang
multi-Hz/sec
computer and pressing a mouse button once, maybe twice, and presto, it's
done.

Just a rambin' social commentary on my part.

RGDS:EARL