Re: SETI seti moo moo

Yvan Dutil (Yvan.Dutil@drev.dnd.ca)
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 08:39:01 -0400

At 10:23 AM 10/1/99 +1000, etrc wrote:
> I believe if any intelligent alien race has the technology to travel
>in interstellar space from world to world then they would be civilized and
>intelligent enough to know the difference between intelligent beings and a
>cow..

What would be the motivation of an 100 millions years civilisation when the
observed the Earth? The see a strong ecological desequilibrium produce by
one species. They may be tempted to remove it to protect the ecosystem!
For a so advance civilisation, we shall not expect to become slave, pet
is a much more apropriate term.

Yvan Dutil