RE: SETI: news postings

Adrian W Kingsley-Hughes (awk-h@dolwar.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:19:55 +0100

I have to agree with David on the points about this list becoming taken over
by repostings which I feel are getting to the point of irritation. Most
begin Larry Klase wrote (at least when Larry posted them they were easy to
filter through, and more relevant too) and mostly they are indented almost
to the point of being impossible to read. On topic and relevant posts are
being lost in a barrage of off-topic reposts that have little connection to
SETI at all.

It isn't only the volume but the quality that is the problem and I feel it
hinders the free flow of ideas that could happen if the list remained on
topic.

I also have to say that since this is a free list it is open to the original
poster to post the material here if they see it fit. I don't see there
being a need for others to take it upon themselves to do it.

Adrian W Kingsley-Hughes
Project Argus Station - IO73vf95
SETI League, Inc. VOLCOR:Cymru/Wales