SETI Which way are we going?

prewar (prewar@btinternet.com)
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 15:47:55 +0100

Hello,
Could someone please answer the following........

If I look due south, when the our Sun is setting in
the west, am I looking in the direction that we are
travelling towards, in our annual journey around the
Sun, or looking towards where we have just come from?

In the morning, when Sun is in the East, then the
opposite directions will apply of course.

For sake of this question, ignore our daily rotation.

I ask this question because doppler will be higher/lower
according to the answer, and I still worry about it! :-(
Thanks.
albErT !!