Re: Wild Speculations Time: Optical SETI & Interstellar Travel (revis

David Woolley (david@djwhome.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:12:25 +0100 (BST)

> > Notwithstanding the X-Files and despite 40 years of effort, SETI (the
> > Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) research has been unsuccessful

This article is large enough to need an abstract.

> > One could, however, imagine a designated search experiment being conducted

It is not clear to me what you are proposing which goes beyond the
normal search for optical anomalies by general astronomy.