SETI Life Beyond Earth on PBS this November

Dr. H. Paul Shuch (n6tx@setileague.org)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:35:04 -0400

Forwarded on behalf of Larry Klaes:

>LIFE BEYOND EARTH
>
>Wednesday, November 10, 1999, (8-10:00 pm)
>
>This program tells the story of humanity's search for
>extraterrestrial life and why many scientists believe
>that life is abundant in the Universe. (CC, Stereo)
>
>http://www.pbs.org/whatson/1999/fall/lifebeyondearth.html
>

>INTIMATE STRANGERS: UNSEEN LIFE ON EARTH
>
>Tuesdays, November 9-30, 1999 (8-9:00 pm)
>
>This program explores the mysterious, silent,
>invisible world of microbes -- the first life forms on
>Earth -- responsible for the production of most of the
>Earth's oxygen. (CC, Stereo, WWW)
>
>INTIMATE STRANGERS
>
>Get an introduction to the science of microbiology
>with this companion site that offers a "game of life"
>and an online quiz to test what you know about our
>microbial friends and enemies.
>
> http://www.pbs.org/intimatestrangers/
>
> (Scheduled launch date: Wednesday, October 13)
>

>JANE GOODALL: REASON FOR HOPE
>
>Wednesday, October 27, 1999, (8-9:00 pm)
>
>Narrated by Harrison Ford, this program reveals an
>unexpected spiritual dimension to this universally
>admired scientist and animal rights activist. (CC,
>Stereo)
>
>http://www.pbs.org/whatson/1999/fall/janegoodall.html

H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770; fax (201) 641-1771
n6tx@setileague.org www.setileague.org
Project Argus station FN11LH

"We Know We're Not Alone!"