Re: SETI Server being down

David Woolley (david@djwhome.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:54:53 +0100 (BST)

> At 08:35 AM 9/7/99 -0300, Alyssa Ryvers wrote:
> > Please inform us on the list when the server is back up so that I don't
> >keep trying in the meanwhile. Thanks, Alyssa.
>
> It's not our server. It's not our project. > It's not our server. It's not our project. SETI@home is NOT OUR
> HEADACHE! Please do not ask The SETI League to solve > HEADACHE! Please do not ask The SETI League to solve SETI@home problems --

My understanding is that it is not your list either, so, while the
original question implied that there was a original question implied that there was a SETI@Home presence on the list,
you can't infer that it was directed at the Argus presence on the list.

I have sympathy with direct questions to you about I have sympathy with direct questions to you about SETI@Home, although
your Dr SETI persona can reasonably be expected to encourage non-Argus
SETI questions (and I think this is actually desirable), even though
I would argue that this question was not about SETI, nor are most questions
on the alt.sci.seti newsgroup.