Re: SETI@home

David Woolley (david@djwhome.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 07:58:44 +0100 (BST)

> Aside from the obvious grammatical error (you can confuse the public, but
> you can only obfuscate the *information*), the arrogance of the above
> statement is a real turn-off -- no wonder you are frustrated at the lack

I think they are trying to fend off complaints from people who ask
for an an explanation but cannot then cope with the explanation or
whose definition of "how it works" is "how do I operate it".

I don't think they could simplify it much without turning it into
a text book to explain every concept from first principles before using
it.