Re: SETI Newbie questions about the Fresnel Zone Plate Antenna.

Henry Wallace (ultrasonic@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:17:52 -0500

Hello Bryce:

The phase of the incoming signal is expected
to be constant ( flat ) across the entire antenna.
That is, as long as the antenna is pointed at
the source. If the antenna is rotated away from
the source, there is a linear phase-shift across
the aperture of the antenna.

A good book, with a neat explanation, is

Fundamentals of Optics, by Jenkins & White.

Henry
Ultrasonic Energy Systems: Building near
megahertz high-intensity ultrasonic sources...
Please visit us at:
http://www.ultrasonic-energy.com/