SETI Newbie questions about the Fresnel Zone Plate Antenna.

Bryce Anderson (idafab@yahoo.com)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

After struggling with my physics book for a couple of hours, I still
don't understand how this antenna is supposed to work. Does it act as
a diffraction grate? Does the incoming signal need to be phased in
order for it to work? I'm also wondering if it would be possible to
design the feedhorn in such a way as to get the same phasing effect on
a parabolic scope.
===
Bryce Anderson
Idafab@yahoo.com

In a thousand years, computers are going to look back and
wonder why they ever put up with us.