Re: SETI Helping outsiders learn, while focussing ourselves.

MarcusJohn@aol.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:31:19 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/99 4:48:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time, logis@logis.com
writes:

> Dr. Shuch,
>
> The lack of a search facility is the biggest deficiency of the SETI League
> web site for an alpha index is woefully inadequate for the quantity of
> information available. While its true that an on-site implemented search
> may not be suitable for implementation on the SL site there is a FREE
> alternative. You can use the large commercial web search engines as SL's
> search mechanism. The downside is that we have to live with the
> advertisements.
>
> For instance suppose I want to find references to LNA on the SL site. Do
> the following.
>
> 1. Go to http://www.altavis

Paul, I can verify that this is fact works. Altavista has, apparently,
indexed the Seti League's web site, whether we like it or not.

It seems like an easy implementation. Consider it.

John Marcus.