Re: SETI Re: PC Controlled Radios

Dr. H. Paul Shuch (n6tx@setileague.org)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:15:02 -0400

At 04:05 PM 7/25/99 -0400, Marcia Steelman wrote:

>When you write about professional WinRadio, do you mean the 3000iDSP or
>31000e?

I personally would consider the WinRadio 1500e as a good value for Project
Argus use. Being external, it is more robust in terms of
computer-generated RFI. There are of course higher end WinRadio models
(such as the 3100), but they are quite a bit more expensive.

Still, I think the best bargain out there right now is the Seeker 2000 from
Radio Astronomy Supplies. For $1200 you get everything you need except for
the dish, computer, and a few cables. Hard to beat. (No, this is not a
commercial announcement. Nor is there a conflict of interest here, as The
SETI League receives as our royalty a token $1 per Seeker 2000 system sold.)
H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770; fax (201) 641-1771
n6tx@setileague.org www.setileague.org
Project Argus station FN11LH

"We Know We're Not Alone!"