SETI seti interested amatuers

etrc (etrc@mpx.com.au)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 01:15:18 +1000

Reading the questions that Paul has to answer leads me to understand his dilema,but one point has to be made here and that is a basic knowledge of astronomy is also required,receiving a "signal" is one thing but where in the sky it is coming from,its RA and DEC and in particular the star,then signal strength (jansky scale) I am a Astronomer first and doing SETI since 1985,the Setileague membership helps me to keep in touch with the new semiconductors and software that is available not to mention the LNA designs.I suggest those not members of the "league" become members and more help would come gladly from not only myself but other professionals in the setileague.