Re: SETI Helping outsiders learn, while focussing ourselves.

MarcusJohn@aol.com
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 10:33:37 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/99 9:13:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
n6tx@setileague.org writes:

> I've been sending out a lot of URLs as my answers to
> people's questions, it that takes time for me to navigate to the page in
> question and cut=-and-paste the URL.

  This is the point. It takes everyone's time. Especially those who don't
know the site. I think it would be better to have the prominant FAQ link on
the home page, not in the index.
  BTW, an alphabetical index is not the industry norm for people who surf the
web. Random surfers who come along to our site will not be looking for an
alphabetical index. It will take them some small amount of time to discover
that what is usually a search function is instead an alphabetical index. This
small amount of reading time is enough to turn some people away.

  John.