Re: SETI Satellite dishes & Seti League

Rich Tyndall (nj1a@erols.com)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:51:35 -0400

Paul Shuch Wrote:

> So a serious question to our members: do you want to subsidize
> non-members, by paying my salary while I take the time to educate them?

This SETI League member votes: No.
Paul, you put up with too much already. I used to reply directly to a lot of
those really basic (mail-list) questions and about 50% replied back,
asking follow up questions or just thanking me.

When I worked as a tech school instructor, I had a sign in my office that
read,
"There is no such thing as a dumb question".
However, I did think that answering questions about car radio repair during
machine language programming class did nothing but slow down and
tick-off the whole class. So there are exceptions to the rule.

If you have the time, just send them a 'Please read the site' form letter,
but that's as far as you should go. If a person is more than just a little
curious, they will be willing to 'work' (site read) for their knowledge.

Rich Tyndall NJ1A
Argus station Argus station FN42jl@1420.4056