Re: SETI Satellite dishes & Seti League

Dr. H. Paul Shuch (n6tx@setileague.org)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:18:27 -0400

At 06:29 PM 7/22/99 -0400, Bo Cheerful wrote:

>Why doesn't the Seti League's web pages
>explain all these things in detail so inexperienced people like me knows how
>hard or easy it will be to get involved with this project?

Pardon me, sir, I thought that's exactly what The SETI League website did!
You will find among its 1600 documents (totaling more than 50 MBytes!) a
mini-manual outlining the basics of a SETI station, a 150-page tech manual
giving details about every part of a SETI station, dozens of articles by
our members dealing with every aspect of software, hardware and search
strategy, all 19 back-issues of SearchLites, our quarterly newsletter,
email and web addresses for contacting your local Regional Coordinator, all
SETI League editorials and press releases covering our five-year existence,
and all of my back "Ask Dr. SETI" columns. What more could you possibly
need, other than someone to do your browsing for you?
H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770; fax (201) 641-1771
n6tx@setileague.org www.setileague.org
Project Argus station FN11LH

"We Know We're Not Alone!"