Re: SETI If ET Were Visiting Earth

Larry Klaes (lklaes@bbn.com)
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:18:27 -0400

Though I look at Star Trek as some of our first modern
myths in regards to exploring space (just as the ancients
made myths about sea adventures and where existence came
from), I think of the episodes where the ETI did not even
recognize humans as an intelligent life form, or even a
life form at all. ST films 1 (V'Ger and the Carbon Units)
and 4 (Whales) come to mind here.

Larry