RE: SETI [ASTRO] So? Which is it? Or are science reporters being silly again?

Clements, Robert (Robert.Clements@dva.gov.au)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:19:10 +1000

They don't. The new article is (self-admittedly) playful speculation based
on the current theories of life; the former was a (again self-admittedly)
cautionary piece based on more traditional views. I suspect that the correct
answer lies somewhere between the two extremes: large - even complex - life
is probably quite possible beneath the surface of worlds like Europa &
Charon; but whether it's likely is more open to debate....

All the best,

Robert Clements <Robert.Clements@dva.gov.au>
<http://www.ausnet.net.au/~clemensr/welcome.htm>