Re: SETI (seti@home) HELP - ANOMALOUS WORK UNIT ho to elaborate a work unit

David Woolley (david@djwhome.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 11:39:47 +0100 (BST)

> I found an anomalous result on datas sent by Berkeley - > I found an anomalous result on datas sent by Berkeley - Seti@home server.

Define anomalous. Most work units have some spikes and maybe some
gaussians above the reporting threshold.

> The work unit name is :
> name=01mr99aa.5175.17489.548578.127
>
> (look at the end of message ...)
> I'm trying to elaborate this work unit but I had not the time

Assuming you mean to rerun it so that you can examine the results file,
I think the answer is that you cannot do this. The results files are
NOT intended to be viewed by the user of the client and the screen peak
program meter type display is more for entertainment than information.
If Berkeley has your results, I can see no reason why they would be
willing to give you a copy of the data again.

I think the main reason for this is to prevent the I think the main reason for this is to prevent the SETI@Home
project being brought into disrepute by a premature announcement.
It may also be to ensure that they get some credit in the case of
a blatantly obvious source.