Win32 command line SETI@Home

David Woolley (david@djwhome.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:51:07 +0100 (BST)

There is a now a command line setiathome for Windows NT (it might be worth trying on Win 9x - there is no documentation) on the trying on Win 9x - there is no documentation) on the SETI@Home web site. This should satisfy those wanting continuous idle loop processing (it runs at "low" priority). Like the Unix versions, of which is probably a simple port, it accepts -proxy host:port for abitrary ports - I won't know if this works until tomorrow. My initial impression is that it is slower than Linux but faster than the GUI Windows version, even when the latter is run continuously in the background. This is on the main site; I've not seen any beta pages since before the release of the first Windows version.