SETI Human noise pollution harms ocean animals

Larry Klaes (lklaes@bbn.com)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:30:04 -0400

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/science/DailyNews/oceannoise990628.html To quote in part: L O S A N G E L E S, June 28 Noise from supertankers, oil exploration and new military sonar equipment scrambles the communications systems of sea life, forcing changes in migration routes and breeding grounds, a new report warns. "We're playing Russian roulette with our oceans, and we can't afford to do that," said Joel Reynolds, senior attorney with the Natural Resources Defense Council, the environmental group responsible for the report.