SETI seti@home

Alfred A. Aburto Jr. (aburto@cts.com)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 19:35:08 -0700

I found the following posted on the I found the following posted on the seti@home Technical News Report web page: > June 4, 1999 > > We learned that the > We learned that the SETI@home server has been repeatedly > > issuing the same 115 work units for the last few days. > > This was fixed immediately, and we put a notice on the > > web site. We're back to issuing our existing 31,415 work > > units. The problem was due to a subtle operating system > > bug, but we feel bad that we didn't catch it sooner. > Al Aburto aburto@cts.com