SETI Messages in DNA

John Bush (jebush@ridgecrest.ca.us)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 06:49:23 -0700 (PDT)

Larry, thanks for the link to Larry, thanks for the link to SETI@home article in Wired. Here's another Wired story. Interesting implications for directed panspermia? Should we trade in our telescopes for microscopes and start looking for messages from ETI in DNA? __jeb _________________ Researchers at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York have combined DNA technology with encryption. In a report in the science journal Nature on Wednesday, researchers described how they used a three-letter code for the English alphabet based on DNA and encoded an encryption key into human DNA. Full story at http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/20136.html