SETI Was at the Rochester Hamfest, Sat 6/4 and 6/5.

MarcusJohn@aol.com
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 10:41:09 EDT

I arrived there at the end of the banquet on Friday night. Dr. Shuch looked very happy about the award. The next day, Saturday, I spent the morning at the flea market and then I went to the VHF forum to see Dr. Shuch give a Seti talk. This was the first time I have seen his talk. It was wonderful. There were about 20 or 30 attendees. All payed close attention. Some will definitely join the league. He clearly aimed his talk at VHF capable hams. I am sure he aims his talk for whatever audience he is addressing. It was excellent. It is clear that he is an excellent lecturer and teacher. If I am not mistaken, many of his students will have considered him the best teacher they ever had. It was also very entertaining. No one should miss the opportunity to see him speak. John Marcus.