Thanks for your participation on the SETI email discussion list. We in
The SETI League appreciate your interest in the scientific search for
intellegent life in the universe.
This list is hosted by SETI League Internet Services committee chair Bob
Cutter, and is open to the general public. About half of you are members
of the international, grass-roots, nonprofit SETI League, and we appreciate
your support (although I hasten to add that membership is NOT a
prerequisite to participating in the dialogs on this forum). Consider this
my every-now-and-then invitation to the rest of you, to take the next step
and become a member of The SETI League.
Our membership currently stands at around 1000 people from all walks of
life, residing in 52 countries and all but one US State. Since membership
dues constitute 17% of our budget, we cannot ignore the importance of your
financial support. But we like to give value for funding received! Here,
in no particular order, is a list of the top ten SETI League membership
1) Personal copies of SearchLites, our quarterly newsletter.
2) Discounts on SETI League books, hardware and membership premiums.
3) Coordinated participation in the Project Argus sky survey.
4) Free technical support from our cadre of volunteer Regional Coordinators.
5) Invitation to SETI League regional and annual meetings.
6) Participation in our three *closed* email lists.
7) The opportunity to serve on a Committee, or as a Regional Coordinator.
8) Great fellowship and camaraderie.
9) The opportunity to support our research and development efforts.
10) A share of the credit when The Call comes in.
I invite you to browse The SETI League's extensive website at
<http://www.setileague.org/>, for over 1500 documents, totaling nearly 50
MBytes (!) of technical membership information. If you wish to join us,
you may obtain a membership application from our website or, if you prefer,
simply email your *postal* address to <email@example.com> and a brochure
and application form will be mailed to you.
My thanks to those of you who are supporting our efforts. I hope the rest
of you will consider joining us. And in any case, please keep
participating in this open forum -- we value your ideas.
H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D. Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555, Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770; fax (201) 641-1771; URL http://www.setileague.org/
email work: firstname.lastname@example.org; home: email@example.com
"We Know We're Not Alone!"