Fifth Anniversary

SETIzens,
	Today marks the fifth anniversary of my association with The SETI League, Inc.  On 26 December 1994 I met in New Jersey with founder and president Richard Factor, accepted the Executive Directorship, and submitted my first draft of our Vision and Mission Statements.  The five years since have been the most challenging, enjoyable and incredibly productive of my career, and I have all 1137 of you to thank for that.
	The SETI League is more than an educational and scientific nonprofit organization.  It is a family, and I am proud to have all of you as colleagues, students, teachers, and friends.  As we enter our sixth year of operation, you should each take great pride in what we have accomplished, and great pleasure in the accomplishments that lie ahead.
	Thanks to each of you for all you've done for our League, and for me personally, over these great five years.  The whole of us exceeds the sum of our parts.
	Warmest New Year's wishes to you all --
	Paul