Re: SETI public: Who's watching HD119850 now?

At 06:41 PM 11/29/99 -0800, Scot Stride wrote:
>Can someone refresh me on what the third verification test is after multiple-site acquisition and off-axis pointing, is it drift-scan?

That would be a logical next step, as a signal which rises and falls in amplitude in a manner consistent with the known beam pattern of the antenna would appear to be following sidereal motion.  Next test after that would most likely be differential Doppler signatures between the two sites (each location would see a *specific* different Doppler curve).  I haven't heard this from Seth or Jill, but suspect the reason they discounted this particular signal is that the Doppler curves didn't match up.  I know that has been the case with a few previous promising candidate signals.