SETI public: status report

SETIzens,
	As of this evening, there are 48 of us registered for the Public email
list.  This is a small fraction of the 250 or so who were subscribed to Bob
Cutter's SETI list, but I am pleased to see we have attracted many of the
more active and serious SETIzens.  I thank you for your participation, and
for the high level of discourse which has already marked this list as a
positive force in the SETI community.
	I notice that although the old seti@sni.net list has not yet been
terminated, its traffic has dropped off markedly.  I have thus removed
myself from that list, to devote more of my time and attention to this one.
 Although I will not speak for Bob, I imagine it would help him in his
expressed desire to wind that list down, if others signed off from his list
and brought their on-topic traffic here.
	It appears from our posts to date that we are all pretty much in agreement
on what consititues on-topic posts for this forum.  I thank all of you who
have helped to forge a concensus.
	Although this list is open to SETI League members and non-members alike,
let me invite you all to consider becoming active SETI League members.  We
can use your support as well as your participation.  You may use the forms
on our website to join, or to request a membership brochure.
Alternatively, anyone emailing a *postal* address to join@setileague.org
will receive a brochure and membership application form.
	Yours for Contact,
		Paul
H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770;  fax (201) 641-1771
n6tx@setileague.org   www.setileague.org
Project Argus station FN11LH

"We Know We're Not Alone!"