Re: SETI public: To kick things off...

Richard Burke-Ward wrote:

>  We might well end up concluding that ETI was intelligent
> (can build radios), but is not remotely sentient in the human sense.
> there may be no point of correspondence at all. We would be left only
> with the knowledge that something was there.

That knowledge, would of itself, be one of the greatest influences
on us, this passing cent.
SETI is for me, just to establish only if we are truly alone or not.
If we cannot ever communicate, that will be sad, but is not
the present issue, nor as important as *S*ETI.

Regarding whether we discuss  ET or ETI, I would prefer to discuss
ETI, rather than an ET we may only look at under a microscope.  :-)

albErT.