Public: charter of the List

SETIzens,
	Thanks for the lively yet mannerly discussion about the appropriateness of
various posts on the Public email discussion list.  It is my position that
this is a *discussion* forum, not a newsgroup.  I do not have the time or
resources to "split the lists", so if someone else is interested in having
a news list, he or she has my blessing.  Meanwhile, let's use this list for
*discussions*, as it was intended.  (If somebody wants to comment about a
news item, that's fine.  But please don't post the entire news item here; a
link or brief summary will suffice.)
	Your cooperation and participation are appreciated.
	Cheers --  Paul
H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770;  fax (201) 641-1771
n6tx@setileague.org   www.setileague.org
Project Argus station FN11LH

"We Know We're Not Alone!"