charter of the List

SETIzens,
	Thanks for the lively yet mannerly discussion about the appropriateness of various posts on the Public email discussion list.  It is my position that this is a *discussion* forum, not a newsgroup.  I do not have the time or resources to "split the lists", so if someone else is interested in having a news list, he or she has my blessing.  Meanwhile, let's use this list for *discussions*, as it was intended.  (If somebody wants to comment about a news item, that's fine.  But please don't post the entire news item here; a link or brief summary will suffice.)
	Your cooperation and participation are appreciated.
	Cheers --  Paul