Re: Public: Science news posts & Mediocrity

Paul, Richard, and others,

Adaptive Design and Development has list server services available. If
another list or two are needed I see not problem in providing them.

R.J.

At 07:59 PM 11/21/99 -0500, Dr. H. Paul Shuch wrote:
>At 10:35 PM 11/21/99 +0000, Richard Burke-Ward wrote:
>
>>So what do youy say, Paul? The traffic is going through the SETI League
>>server anyway. How about putting it on a separate subscribable list?
>
>	The SETI League, Inc. is already providing four separate email lists (plus
>a large website, and limited ftp/telnet functions, all on the same
>contributed server, all using the donated *half* of an ISDN line).  With
>our huge staff (me fulltime, plus a part-time secretary), that's about all
>we can support.  We simply lack the resources (personnel, server space,
>bandwidth) to offer any more lists.
>	However, if there is a desire among some of our members to have a separate
>exobiology news list (as distinctly separate from a SETI *discussion*
>list), anyone is free to set one up.  I would recommend using egroups.com
>or onelist.com, which have recently merged.  Either one offers free list
>server functions, in return for small advertisements placed at the bottom
>of the emails.  Check out their respective websites for further details.
>--------------------------------
>H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
>Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
>433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
>Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
>voice (201) 641-1770;  fax (201) 641-1771
>n6tx@setileague.org   www.setileague.org
>Project Argus station FN11LH
>
>"We Know We're Not Alone!"

------ if you're forwarding or replying feel free to snip here -----------

Robert J. (R.J.) Fear                 | North Central Regional Coordinator
President                             | The SETI League Inc.
Adaptive Design and Development Corp. | Project Argus Station: EN70en
225 North Boots Street                |
Marion Indiana 46952 USA              |
voice (765) 668-4198                  |
fax   (765) 668-4197                  |
email: rjfear@adaptv.com              |
icq:   111461                         |

"If you don't know where you're going how do you know when you're there?"