Re: Public: Science news posts & Mediocrity

At 06:53 PM 11/21/99 -0500, Robert Owen wrote:

>A book published in l991
>ought to be required reading for the discussion of this issue:
>the title is "FIRST CONTACT The Search for Extraterrestrial
>Intelligence" edited by Ben Bova and Byron Preiss

A second edition (copyright 1999) just came out.  The chapter by Dr. D.
Kent Cullers (WA6TWX) on amateur SETI, which formed the basis for much of
what became The SETI League and Project Argus, has been updated to talk
about The SETI League and Project Argus!  We come full circle...
H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770;  fax (201) 641-1771
n6tx@setileague.org   www.setileague.org
Project Argus station FN11LH

"We Know We're Not Alone!"