Re: Public: Science news posts & Mediocrity

At 10:35 PM 11/21/99 +0000, Richard Burke-Ward wrote:

>So what do youy say, Paul? The traffic is going through the SETI League
>server anyway. How about putting it on a separate subscribable list?

	The SETI League, Inc. is already providing four separate email lists (plus
a large website, and limited ftp/telnet functions, all on the same
contributed server, all using the donated *half* of an ISDN line).  With
our huge staff (me fulltime, plus a part-time secretary), that's about all
we can support.  We simply lack the resources (personnel, server space,
bandwidth) to offer any more lists.
	However, if there is a desire among some of our members to have a separate
exobiology news list (as distinctly separate from a SETI *discussion*
list), anyone is free to set one up.  I would recommend using egroups.com
or onelist.com, which have recently merged.  Either one offers free list
server functions, in return for small advertisements placed at the bottom
of the emails.  Check out their respective websites for further details.
H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770;  fax (201) 641-1771
n6tx@setileague.org   www.setileague.org
Project Argus station FN11LH

"We Know We're Not Alone!"