Re: Public: Science news posts & Mediocrity

At 08:05 PM 11/21/99 -0500, Larry Klaes wrote:
>Does the new edition also mention Optical SETI?  The original
>edition in 1990 only did so through a science fiction story
>by Ben Bova, written in 1962.  Hopefully the perspective has
>widen a bit since then.

Richard Factor has The SETI League's copy at the moment, so I can't check.  I certainly hope OSETI is included.  I was dismayed to read the OSETI article in Time magazine on 30 August (page 45)--  it mentioned Freeman Dyson, Dan Werthimer, Charles Townes, and Paul Horowitz, but glaringly omitted our own Stuart Kingsley, the first person in the world to actually *do* a real OSETI search.