Re: Public: Science news posts & Mediocrity

At 06:53 PM 11/21/99 -0500, Robert Owen wrote:

>A book published in l991
>ought to be required reading for the discussion of this issue:
>the title is "FIRST CONTACT The Search for Extraterrestrial
>Intelligence" edited by Ben Bova and Byron Preiss

A second edition (copyright 1999) just came out.  The chapter by Dr. D. Kent Cullers (WA6TWX) on amateur SETI, which formed the basis for much of what became The SETI League and Project Argus, has been updated to talk about The SETI League and Project Argus!  We come full circle...