Public: Case for Active SETI

The current theme article on the SETI League web site about the case
for active SETI fails to discuss the most common objection to it on
the sci.astro.seti and alt.sci.seti newsgroups, and I believe one of
the main objections by politicians.

That objection is the basically military objection that one should not
reveal ones location and technology level to a potential aggressor.

(My views are more optimistic, and it has been pointed out that the
threat from humans is probably a lot greater.)