Public: Not so boldly going forth

Not so boldly going forth

"...If we find any traces of life in the universe, we could see another
conceptual revolution in the way we think about ourselves and our place in
the universe."

-- Alex Roland, historian

Will humankind ever travel to the galaxies of distant stars? Alex Roland
thinks so. But the former NASA historian and History Department chair at
Duke University believes space travel and exploration will come into its own
only after some significant technological breakthroughs -- and when such
travel and exploration becomes lucrative.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1999/future/

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/specials/9911/future.outlook/content/space/