Public: ready to launch...

SETIzens,
	Signups for public@setileague.org, The SETI League's new open, unmoderated
email list, seem to be progressing smoothly.  The list will thus be
officially open for business on Saturday morning, 20 November 1999, at
0000Z, and our website will so announce.  My thanks to those of you who
have helped us to establish and test this communications medium.
	Just one request: be sure to follow EXACTLY the signup instructions at
<http://www.setileague.org/admin/openlist.htm>.  A few of you have sent
your signup messages to the list <public@setileague.org> rather than to our
robot software <majordomo@setileague.org>.  I have manually intervened thus
far, but will be unable to do so once the list takes off.  Your cooperation
is appreciated.
	Open note to Bob Cutter:  I have decided *not* to auto-enroll those email
addresses which are now on seti@sni.net.  Those wanting to join the new
list will have to take some direct action.  When you are ready to terminate
your list, can you provide an automatic response to queries, refering
posters to the new list and pointing them to
<http://www.setileague.org/admin/openlist.htm> for further info?  Thanks.
	To all:  I look forward to stimulating conversation on
public@setileague.org, will be monitoring traffic, and will respond to
queries as my time allows, either through the list directly.  Thanks for
your interest and participation.
H. Paul Shuch, Ph.D., CFII, FBIS
Executive Director, The SETI League, Inc.
433 Liberty Street, PO Box 555
Little Ferry NJ 07643 USA
voice (201) 641-1770;  fax (201) 641-1771
n6tx@setileague.org   www.setileague.org
Project Argus station FN11LH

"We Know We're Not Alone!"