SETI bioastro: Fw: Atlas rocket launches secret payload / Evidence for nearby planetary system

From: LARRY KLAES (ljk4_at_msn.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 06:10:42 PST

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: NewsAlert
    Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 11:23 AM
    To: Newsalert
    Subject: Atlas rocket launches secret payload / Evidence for nearby planetary system

                 NEWSALERT: Tuesday, December 2, 2003 @ 1507 GMT
              The latest news from Astronomy Now and Spaceflight Now

    +++ NEW DVD! Home movies and personal narration by Expedition 6 space
    station crew!
        U.S. Store: http://spaceflightnow.com/store/video/expedition6.html
        U.K. Worldwide:
    http://spaceflightnow.com/wwstore/video/expedition6.html

    ATLAS ROCKET SUCCESSFULLY SOARS ON SECRET MISSION
    A Lockheed Martin Atlas 2AS rocket carried out a clandestine mission in
    the predawn darkness today, deploying into space what is believed to be a
    package of ocean surveillance satellites to aid the U.S. government track
    suspicious ships in the global fight against terrorism.

       http://spaceflightnow.com/atlas/ac164/

    Read our countdown and launch reports:
       http://spaceflightnow.com/atlas/ac164/status.html

    NEW EVIDENCE FOR NEARBY SOLAR-LIKE PLANETARY SYSTEM
    Astronomers have produced compelling new evidence that Vega, one of the
    brightest stars in the sky, has a planetary system around it which is more
    like our own Solar System than any other so far discovered.

       http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0312/01vega/

    SOHO SUN WATCHER CELEBRATES 8 YEARS IN SPACE
    Since its launch on December 2, 1995, the Solar and Heliospheric
    Observatory has provided an unparalleled breadth and depth of information
    about the Sun, from its interior, through the hot and dynamic atmosphere,
    and out to the solar wind. SOHO has continued to revolutionize our
    understanding of the Sun with its 24 hour per day observations of our
    daylight star.

       http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0312/01soho/

                                 STARRY NIGHT

             The highly acclaimed Starry Night range of software is
                   now available from the Astronomy Now Store.
                       Put the universe on your desktop.

              U.S. Store: http://spaceflightnow.com/store/software/

    AOL USERS
    ---------
    The links below make it easier for AOL users to reach our stories.