From: LARRY KLAES (ljk4_at_msn.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 00:10:41 PDT
* Dark Energy Confirmed: Shadow of Mystery Force Seen in New Study
"I awoke on Friday and because the universe is expanding it took me longer than usual to find my robe."
* Image Gallery: Landsat Captures Earth as Art
Beautiful imagery of our own Planet Earth, as captured by Landsat.
* Image of the Day: Wormholes on Mars?
There is no reason to suspect these Martian structures were dug by worms, but they do resemble wormholes -- or the termite tunnels you might discover around the foundation of your home.
* Space Mailbag: 'American Icon,' Hubble Must be Saved
Last week's article about the planned demise of the Hubble Space Telescope in 2010 spawned several letters to Leonard David, SPACE.com's Senior Space Writer, and now more comments are pouring in directly to the Space Mailbag. Some are impassioned. Some are wild.
* Summer Space Shots No. 1: Hubble
First in a 4-week series of photographic celebrations.
* Bringing Down the House: How to Decommission Hubble Safely
NASA's upcoming verdict about the Hubble Space Telescope's (HST) future is an unprecedented decision -- one that entails money, politics, orbital mechanics, and risk-avoidance ripple effects stemming from the Columbia space shuttle catastrophe.
* Mars Watch: Where is the Red Planet Now?
On Aug. 27, 2003, Mars will be less than 34.65 million miles (55.76 million kilometers) away -- closer to our planet than it's been in nearly 60,000 years. The view will be stupendous. Track Mars' growing brightness with SPACE.com's exclusive Mars viewing maps and charts.
* On the Edge: Organic Light Emitting Diodes
* Pentagon Report: China's Space Warfare Tactics Aimed at U.S. Supremacy
* Winged Man Soars Across English Channel Unpowered
* White House Seeks $103 Million To Plug Gaps in Earth Observation System
* Perseid Preview: Moon to Muscle in on Aug. 12-13 Meteor Shower
* Despite Pleas From Fans, Hubble's Days Are Numbered
* Mars Set for Brightest Appearance in History This Month
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Wed Aug 06 2003 - 00:24:39 PDT