From: LARRY KLAES (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 09:42:55 PDT
HEADLINES IN BRIEF
July 8, 2002
- Exploring The Unknown World Of "Cloud Nine"
Boulder - Jul 08, 2002 - Ball Aerospace has won a contract to build a NASA spacecraft that will explore the little understood 100 kilometers above the arctic in the mesosphere where polar clouds form and drift southward. Selected as part of NASA's Small Explorer (SMEX) program the mission will increase our understanding of what surely must be "cloud nine" at the edge of space.
- Much Ado About HD141569
Notre Dame - Jul 08, 2002 - Research by two University of Notre Dame astronomers may shed new light on how planets are formed. Terrence W. Rettig, professor of physics, and graduate student Sean Brittain report their findings in last Thursday's edition of the scientific journal Nature.
- Geologist's Discovery May Unlock Secrets to Start of Life on Earth
St. Louis - Jul 04, 2002 - A Saint Louis University geologist has unearthed further evidence in his mounting case that shifting of the continents -- and perhaps life on Earth -- began much earlier than many scientists believe.
- Russia Calls For Joint Bid To Conquer Mars By 2014
Moscow (AFP) Jul 05, 2002 - Russian space experts invited their US and European colleagues Friday in launching a manned flight to Mars by 2014. The conquest of the Red Planet "should be an international project" similar to the International Space Station, Vitaly Semyonov of the Keldysh Space Research Institute in Moscow, responsible for its space exploration programme, told reporters.
SPACE LAST WEEK
- Pathfinder's 5th Anniversary Reveals Big Future for Mars Exploration
- Mars 45 Years Now
- South Pole May Provide Test For Mars Drilling
- And Now The Weather .. On Mars!
- NASA Launches Contour Probe To Study Comets
- New Computer Model Promises Detailed Picture of Worldwide Climate
- Delta 2 Launches Contour On Deep Space Comet Mission
- The Art Of Life Is Universal
- Neither Rome Nor Universe Built In A Day As Scientists Study New Data
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Mon Jul 08 2002 - 09:57:21 PDT