SETI bioastro: Fw: THE WORLD TONIGHT NEWSLETTER

From: LARRY KLAES (ljk4@msn.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 19:54:12 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: Dennis Gonzales
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 10:36 PM
To: ljk4@msn.com
Subject: THE WORLD TONIGHT NEWSLETTER

Feb. 6, 2002:

Greetings from Dennis Gonzales.

We're still busy loading new photos, sound bytes and articles on the web site. This is what we have so far:

New movies from the Tech Museum's "2001: Destination Space" (more to follow)
http://www.2001exhibit.org/exhibits/usa3/exhibit25.html

Larry Evans, president of the Orange County Space Society, reviews the Egyptian Theater's "2001" exhibit during the run of the film that he put together. http://www.2001exhibit.org/press/2001films2.html

Photographer William Faulkner submits a new picture of Scott Alexander's Discovery One at the Tech Museum. http://www.2001exhibit.org/exhibits/usa3/exhibit21.html

And

http://www.2001exhibit.org/science/scott_discovery8.html

http://www.2001exhibit.org/science/scott_discovery9.html

I've also been extremely busy working at my new job at NASA the past 4 weeks and it's been a little insane in my life. During the evenings, I help photographer and model builder, Mark Watson on the HAL 9000 brain-room and many other volunteers help me update the website. We'll add more features on the site next week and Gary Lockwood is coming to my job next week so we hope to capture him on film too. Send me anything "space odyssey" related for next week's newsletter.

See you next Wednesday (Frank).

Message from "2001" collector Mark Blunck:

"Could you send out to your email
group a question on the quality of the 2001 DVD
Collector's Edition by Creative Design Arts. Has anyone purchased this and how is the quality?

Any help will be appreciated."

You can reach Mark at blunckm@yahoo.com
Posted by Dennis Gonzales

More Arthur C. Clarke news!
Check out these great recent pictures of Clarke.

http://www.reuters.com/photo_gallery_pres.jhtml?imageID=1000080876&type=ente

and

http://www.reuters.com/photo_gallery_pres.jhtml?imageID=1000080461&typeentertainmentnews

Posted by Mike Jackson, mental@digiscape.com

Projects in progress or underway:

2001 Exhibition : Featuring Harry Lange's (2001 designer) original
works http://www.harry-lange.org.uk

"2001: l'odyss»e des maquettes" exhibit will present on tour in France,
with "2001" models displayed in chronological order as in the film with
a 1/1 scale monolith.
http://www.multimania.com/dixiemeplanete/expo2001.htm

Clavius Moonbase model coming soon. Edward Martinez.

Lunar Models Space Pod and ARIES coming soon. Dennis Gonzales and
Mark Watson.

HAL 9000 Model from Lunar Models built by Vince Hoffmann. Coming Soon!

HAL 9000. Built by Harrison A. Lorenzana, IndustrialDNA@aol.com.
Coming Soon!

SAL 9000. Built by Harrison A. Lorenzana, IndustrialDNA@aol.com.
Coming Soon!

The Space:1999 Collectible and Nostalgic online exhibit is under
construction. If you own,any original or scratch built models or
artwork you
want to display on the virtual exhibit, contact Dennis Gonzales,
exhibit coordinator for details. The website will soon.
http://www.2001exhibit.org/space1999.html.

2001 costumes are under construction. The costumes will be completely faithful in honor of fashion designer Hardy Amies. Photos will be on-line soon of the PAN AM female outfit re-created by costume designer, Andrea Edelman.

Posted by:
Dennis Gonzales
2001: A Space Odyssey Collectibles Exhibit.
http://www.2001exhibit.org
Tel: 650-604-0429