SETI bioastro: Fw: First Light Newsletter - January 2003

From: LARRY KLAES (ljk4@msn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 20:54:38 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 3:42 PM
To: ljk4@msn.com
Subject: First Light Newsletter - January 2003

January 2003

Happy New Year from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

To read this issue on the web go to:
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/enews/firstlight_1-03.cfm

Stare into Space...All Year Round

Visit our new page of stunning imagery that's ready to be
downloaded as wallpaper on your
computer.

Go to JPL wallpaper http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/wallpaper/

in the news:

Tiny Robots

Small, smaller, smallest. Engineers have designed a tiny
spider-like robot that may one
day crawl around and explore distant worlds.

Go to video and story
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/releases/2002/232.cfm

Future 'Bots

What's the shape of future robots? JPL engineer Alberto Behar
travels to Antarctica to
test future 'bots.

Go to video
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/templates/video/firstperson/behar.cfm

Commanding Students

Using classroom computers, students direct and operate a NASA space
antenna to learn more about our solar system.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/solar_system/features/121602.cfm

Technical note: Users reading this message in Eudora may need to adjust their viewing
preferences in order to view images correctly. If pictures appear garbled, in Eudora try
going to Tools > Options, select Viewing Mail and click to select "Use Microsoft's
viewer."