SETI bioastro: In Search of the Milky Way's Habitable Zone

From: Larry Klaes (larry.klaes@incent.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 10:28:58 PDT

In Search of the Milky Way's Habitable Zone

 http://www.spacedaily.com/news/life-01o.html

 Moffett Field - May 24, 2001 - Our Milky Way Galaxy is unusual in that it
is one of the most massive galaxies in the nearby universe. Our Solar System
also seems to have qualities that make it rather unique. According to
Guillermo Gonzalez, Assistant Professor of Astronomy at the University of
Washington, these qualities make the Sun one of the few stars in the Galaxy
capable of supporting complex life.