SETI bioastro: Engineering ET: The Path to Alternate Life Forms

From: Larry Klaes (larry.klaes@incent.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 13:24:02 PDT

Engineering ET: The Path to Alternate Life Forms

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/generalscience/neogenesis_scitues_010501-1.html?Enews=y

Cloning, move over. The powerful and potentially dark force that would give you a "mini-me" may soon be knocked off genetic engineering's center stage by an emerging laboratory effort to create life that is decidedly not as we know it.