SETI bioastro: FW: [NSS-Discuss] Venus-bound spacecraft: An idea from the gut

From: Larry Klaes (larry.klaes@incent.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 10:56:12 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: David Grinspoon [mailto:spoon@sunra.colorado.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 3:57 PM
To: Larry Klaes
Subject: Re: FW: [NSS-Discuss] Venus-bound spacecraft: An idea from the
gut

         Instruments? , what about making ORGANISMS that survive in the Venus
clouds using this trick!? I've always thought it would be disapointingly
nonresilient of life to not figure out a way to survive there. Tons of
free energy, long droplet lifetimes, lots of juicy sulfur chemistry. Why
not?

I think I touched on this in Venus Revealed.

Yeah, check out page 317 of the paperback.

Anybody want to place bets on extant life on Venus vs. Mars?

David Grinspoon

** David H. Grinspoon **
** Southwest Research Institute **
** 1050 Walnut Street **

> [...]