SETI bioastro: Fw: Today on SPACE.com -- Thursday, December 20, 2001

From: LARRY KLAES (ljk4@msn.com)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 20:14:49 PST

Decoding E.T.: In Search of a Cosmic Rosetta Stone

http://www.space.com/searchforlife/seti_rosetta_011220.html

Analogies can provide a useful role for anticipating what might happen if, some day, we detect a signal from extraterrestrials. To briefly recap our last article in this series, some scholars have suggested that we might gain insights into decoding extraterrestrial messages that may be embedded in such a signal. These insights, they suggest, come from the experience that linguists have gained in the course of decoding ancient languages on Earth.